Requirements & Eligibility
Any graduate student entering their second year of their PhD program and carrying out research in cell and/or molecular biology. Participants must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
CMB Requirements for Trainees:
- Participate in the annual Welcome Symposium in years 2 and 3 of training.
- Participate in the annual research symposium each year of your graduate training
- Participate in the annual ethics refresher training in years 2, 3, 4 and 5 of your program.
- Attending one or more CMB sponsored career development events is strongly encouraged.
- Take BIOS200 (foundations) and 1 graduate course in each of these areas: Cell Biology, Genetics/Genomics, Biology of Molecules, Quantitative methods (up to 2 can be mini courses)
- Acknowledge the CMB training grant in all publications (NIH 5 T32 GM007276) resulting from your graduate work and enter these publications into the PMCID database through completion of your PhD program.
- You will be requested to submit a brief annual progress report, which will include a short update on your research, reporting of any publications, conference presentations and career development activities.
CMB Requirements for Faculty:
- Participate in Welcome Symposium
- Participate in annual research symposium
- Serve as discussion leader in ethics symposium and/or poster judge for research symposium.
- Participate in CMB Mentor training
- Submit annual progress reports for their CMB trainee until completion of their Ph.D.
- Acknowledge the CMB training grant in all publications (NIH 5 T32 GM007276) resulting from authorship that includes your CMB trainee through completion of their PhD Program.