The CMB program prepares PhD students for a wide range of careers in biomedical science in academic, industrial or government settings, as well as other science related careers including science journalism, science education, and science policy. During the last 15 years, 89% of trainees who were supported by this grant earned a PhD.
The vast majority of these 115 students are pursuing a career in science.
Career Outcomes by %
- 10.4%, of trainees (12/115) attained a faculty or staff research position in academia or government.
- 30.4% of trainees (35/115) are pursuing a postdoc.
- 44.3% of trainees (51/115) are working in the biotech/pharma and technology industry.
- 2.6% of trainees (3/115) are employed as science communication.
- 5.2% of tranees (6/115) have resulted in other outcomes. 2 are biosafety officers. 1 is a highschood science teacher. 2 are in the finacial sector and 1 is workding for a non-profict, SIRUM that helps destribute medicines to the underpriileged.
- 4.3% of trainees (5/115) are pursuing or obtained additional degree. (Four former trainees are pursuing an additional degree in either dental, law, education, or bioinformatics, and one completed her medical training and is now a practicing opthamologist.)
Time to Degree