How to Apply: Trainees
- Submit a current CV (this can be in NIH format, or any format of your choosing).
- A list of all your rotation labs (past, current, and future). If you have already chosen your thesis lab, please indicate this in your application.
- A list of courses you have or plan to take to fulfill the CMB course requirements.
- A brief (no more than 1 page) description of your intended PhD Thesis Project. Be sure to include one paragraph explaining how these interests fit with our mission, to train the next generation of responsible, rigorous and diverse scientists in the areas of cell and molecular biology.
- Please note that you are eligible to apply even if you have not chosen your thesis lab by the application deadline. In your research statement, you can describe the type of research that interests you generally, which can be a description of one of your previous rotations or future rotations.
If you are applying to other training grant programs at Stanford, or have already received an NSF award, please indicate this in your application so that we may coordinate funding appropriately.
Please email the above documents to Steve Bayne at sbayne [at] stanford.edu by March 1, 2023 with the subject line: CMB Training Program Application.